You know that you live in the country when the worst traffic jam that you see is the bottle-neck of cows waiting to cross under the road...I wish I had had my camera. There are times that I think there are more cows here than people!!
For those of you who are keeping up with us through the weather channel, I want you to know that things are not nearly as bad as they are making it sound. They were forecasting a winter advisory beginning before dawn Sunday and continuing until Monday. Well, Sunday was sunny and beautiful. It seems that they miss the weather forecast here quite often. We were just watching the Weather channel and they said that we had a record snowfall here in Rapid City. I'm surprised that a dusting would be considered a record.
The storm hit 50 miles east of here. We missed it again. Monday was a day of below freezing temps, 40 MPH winds and clouds...pretty miserable. That's it. Today was sunny and dry. We even were able to work on the house for several hours. Cold and refreshing. Nice weather for working.
The camper is drafty but not too terribly uncomfortable...far from freezing. The electric heaters, electric blanket, wool sweaters, and socks keep us comfortable. I promise that we will know when to abandon ship and move to a warmer abode. We have a motel room lined up should it become necessary.
Thanks for your concern..but don't worry. We're having a great time learning about winter in our new home.
Speaking of new home...please change the address that you have for us. We are now at
PO Box 319
Hermosa, SD 57744
This address should be good for a long time. We don't have an address yet at the house and even when we do, I don't plan to have a box at the intersection of the county road...two miles away. The box is so much safer!!