Thursday, September 01, 2005

Yes...there is life in South Dakota

First I want to thank everyone who checked on us in the past month. I didn't realize just how many of my friends were keeping up with us. Well, we're still here...and busier than ever.

In the last month...

Sturgis...we offered to park trailers (those that they bring their motorcycles in) in the field. We have to do this just to have space for everyone in the park. We didn't realize that this would turn into a two week job....every day. If I volunteer for that again, I'll be sure that we're not assigned for office duty at the same time. That made it REALLY difficult to handle all that had to be done.

RT...things are moving right along. Business is strong and growing. New customers in Europe that we are taking care of directly. I like those dealer orders. It's easier than the one at a time kind. My contracting project is drawing to a close. I have sent the first run of the last part to the customer. Now I just need to work through his formatting issues and that will be finished....for now. Then it's back to other work directly related to our products...there is always something.

House...we have decided to more forward with the house this year. After a great deal of investigation, we have decided to build ourselves on our property. We feel it will be a good investment...at least we hope so. At this point we plan to do a part of the work ourselves...literally. It should be interesting. You'll hear a lot about this over the next several months.

Health...we're doing fine...although a little soar from the work we're doing out at the property. We don't last too long now. We hope to get more done as we get more accustomed to working again.

South Dakota is still as wonderful as ever. I think that our souls long for a certain place. We are lucky if in our time in this plain we find that place that suits our soul. That's what the Black Hills of South Dakota do for us both. I will never tire of the sound of the breeze in the pines...the crystal blue skies....the 20% humidity on most days...and the 40 degree nights in August. I feel even more lucky that Rod's soul longs for the same things. I think that we will be happy here for a long time.