We it's like Christmas out here right now....not the weather, although it was 52 degrees last night, the energy. The Sturgus Rally with the 500,000 people it draws to this area is this area's Christmas for the retailers.
The campground is geared up for the onslaught of more than 130 check-ins over the next three days....we will be busy to say the least!! Rod has been assigned the job of parking trailers with the tractor. These are the trailers that the motorcycles come in....not the live in type. They are parked in the field out back until the end of the week. There just is not enough room for them at the sites. Rod is really enjoying the tractor. At $25,000 this is a dangerous toy. I just hope the "I want one" bug does not bite.
Walmart was more than an experience this afternoon. First a woman gave me a bird feeder...and proceeded to pay for it herself. Both the clerk and I were shocked. She just wanted my birds to be happy too.
Later on the way out, two "bikers" decided to get an eyeful as I waited for them to move...yes, this was a no win situation. They were staring at me and I was waiting for them to cease to stare and move on. It has been a long time since I have been looked at like than. It was not a bad experience. But, we must consider the source of this "compliment". These "bikers" were at least 60 years old: dressed all in black: wearing Harley Davidson bandannas....I think there is something about the Rally and the dress that makes them forget themselves and act like....well you finish that any way you want!!
Except for picking up the bathroom mirror from the glass shop tomorrow, we plan to stay close. Driving gets difficult with all the extra traffic. I'll get some photos and keep you posted.