Well it seems that the dinner menu thing did not get me motivated like I hoped it would. I'm only a little late so I did not miss a day completely... yet.
Last night I experimented with a new McCormick's spice packet. Bourbon Bar Be Que Pork. It's a spice mix that gets you started with a rub for the meat and spices for the vegies.
It called for pork roast (I did pork sirloin roast for all of $4... that stuff is surprisingly inexpensive), 1 1/2 lbs sweet potatoes (only took one to get the weight), and two apples (had those at home that needed cooking anyway).
Put it all together yesterday morning. Had the oven ready when we arrived home... may have been on since noon... I need to check how that time delay works.. and in 45 minutes, had dinner.
Good... but probably won't do it again. Will do it next time with my own combination of spices.
Glad to learn that you can roast pork and vegies together as well as you can chicken. This is becoming fun!