Wednesday, July 04, 2012

Happy July 4th

Being the only day off in the middle of the week, July 4th was not filled with celebrating.  It was filled with shopping... the all American pastime... right?!?!?


It was 100 degrees today.  The heat really wears you out when you're out running errands.  So, about 2:30. we crashed.  Unfortunately, Jack did not.  So after about 20 minutes, Jack and I went walking.  No better place than the creek... right a concrete lined drainage ditch that is mainly runoff from the shopping center two blocks away... but there must be more since it runs all the time.  Wherever it's from, it's clean... well clear... and Jack LOVES it.


While Jack splashed in the water, I found a shady spot close by... yes, this is off leash time... and stretched out in the grass.  Jack joined me a few minutes later.  We sat there for at least 30 minutes.  He snoozed and while I would have liked to, I knew I would have found him in the lake if I didn't keep track of him.


I realize that I live in the city.  At any time you can hear traffic on the main streets that surround the neighborhood.  But at that moment, I was completely alone with the dog in such a peaceful setting.  I could have been in the country anywhere.


Not bad... not bad...