Whew!! Off to Dallas last weekend for that show. Not the most busy we have ever done.... kinda boring if you really want to know.
Rod spent Saturday tracking down our display with the airlines. Seems Delta decided that bag needed an overnighter in Alaska. It finally arrived at the hotel late Friday night... so goes the Friday show.
Wonderful Wonderful Wonderful bar-b-que with Neil and gang on Friday night. That is the BEST part of this show. Home cooked... or smoked I should say... by a master!! Yummmmm
Saturday was quiet enough that I had time to take the test to upgrade my ham license to General Class. I PASSED!!! After 21 years, I am no longer KD4DXX. That seems strange... like getting married and changing your name.
Travel home was uneventful other than the bumpy ride from Salt Lake City to Denver. Little did we know the bumps were from the thermals being produced by the fire. Be assured... the fire is far enough away that other than some smoke, it is not threatening this area at all. They say it will burn for several weeks if not months. I hate it for the people who live in the hills; but considering it was begun by a lightning strike, it seems Mother Nature is doing a little house cleaning... with a really strong cleaner!!
So we're home and I'm sick. No fun!! But, not life threatening.