Sunday, January 17, 2010

Way too long

I can always tell then it have been too long between posts when I have to log into my blog account again. Sure am glad the computer remembers the id and password. I simply guess at the first letter until the details appear. So much for security.

We have been busy!!

Off to Vegas and the Consumer Electronics Show last weekend. Mother often talks of culture shock with all the changes of our day. I understand her concern; but could never really understand the feeling until I attended this show. I felt like a dinosaur. There is so much new coming. From MP3 players that are small enough to carry on a key chain to 3-D televisions. Everything in between like tricked out cars and trucks with speakers bigger than anything I had ever seen. Home security and networking systems that take up an entire closet... just so you can use your little computer anywhere in the house. It all looks good. I feel sorry for the tech support people!!

Back to work this week. Tuesday through Friday flew by as if they had never happened.... but they did!!! Lots to do keeping workers organized and supplied with materials for their tasks.... sometimes I wonder why I have them. I guess I get a little done while they work at the task.

Changes coming soon. Helen will join us at the end of the month. Between now and then there are lots of things to get done. We finished putting up the trim in the guest bathroom today. I think I will let Helen help paint. More trim for the bedroom this week... at least one room will be done. Furniture from a friend to provide storage in that room... A new closet hanger in another bedroom to get our stuff out of the closet. Looking forward to Helen helping choose spread, towels, rugs, etc to make this room as she wants it. I want her to be comfortable while she stays here.

The most exciting part of getting ready is getting the new office furniture. Plan to use cubicles to help divide the space we have... while we plan for bigger and better quarters... but that's another story.

So, baking brownies tonight. They are for the special postal worker who processes my packages almost every day... and he does not work the counter other than special things like what he does for me.... Thank you and bribe in every bite.

Another week ahead. Lots to do. Hopefully a little sleep tonight... maybe.