Thursday, October 05, 2006

No, we're not gone....

Hectic times since I last had a chance to tell you what we've been up to...

Started getting windows in. Job went easier than we expected. The professional carpenter from the neighborhood stopped by and commented that all looked good. They all work and are straight. I guess that's all that matters.

The two double windows went in today. I had feared that job. Those windows were heavy. After prep, they ended up a few pounds lighter. After all that work, it turned out that the window panes were out of square. No matter what we did, we did not have straight windows...replacements are on the way.

Two sliding glass doors to go. Then on to siding. Although there is a lot of that to be done...at least it's all in little pieces.

Photos will be much more interesting next week once we have some siding installed.

Fall weather has set in here. Highs in the 70s. Lows in the 40s. Lots of sun and breezes. Could not be better.