Wednesday, May 01, 2013

If I live through this it will be....

As always, Dayton is coming up in a few days... May 15- 19.  Usually I am concentrating all my efforts into this show... literature... booth.... display... materials.... advanced shipping... accommodations... presentations... etc.

As if that were not enough to keep up with... this year, we have another show (much smaller; but a show none the less) the weekend after Labor Day.  I am home for 10 working days before I leave for that one.  My Dayton stock returns will barely catch me in time to ship back to Oregon.

The following week, I am home a grand total of three days before I leave for Dallas... my stock will not catch me... before I leave again.  We are already planning for a double setup to ship to Dallas before I return from Oregon.

Then in late June (we're home about three weeks) , we have a show along with a 14 day trip to Germany.  I am handling arrangements for this show now.  With what I need to translate and get printed.... pieces of the display I need to order from the center... getting all the foreign dealers notified that we'll be there...won't wait until I return from Dayton.  This one is difficult because it is the first time I've dealt with this show.

So, I'm not getting to enjoy preparations for Dayton this year... yes I enjoy getting ready actually more than I enjoy the show sometimes (most times!!!)

Needless to say, I am busy.  So what do we do...we introduce and release a major improvement to several of the programmers!!!   Add to the list u-tube videos of these new features.  Never  dull moment!!!

Well the videos are good practice for what's to come at Dayton... Gordon is taping a demo of programming a radio to use in his NEW BOOK.... this is Gordon West.  You may not know who this is; but the ham radio world does.  This will be such a shot in the arm when this is released in the Fall 2013.  Stay tuned for details!!!!

Never a dull moment.  I wonder if the "girls" will find this interesting tomorrow night at dinner?   It's my life.  I find it more interesting than the pills and ills they talk about!!!