When Rod and I travel he works really hard to use our airline miles to our best advantage. I know it can take along time to find the best option.
We are traveling to Germany again next year. Rod has been working on those reservations for weeks. We had weeks to work on it... he finally booked it this week.
Then he had me look up the price of the tickets on the airline's site... it was a "have to be kidding" moment!!
To fly first/business class from Denver to Frankfurt was $16,000+ per ticket... no, I am not kidding!!! The airline is out of their mind. I can't believe anybody would pay that for a ticket; but, I am sure there are people and business that do. Gee.
To reassure you all that we are not made of money.... we paid $350 each for the tickets...yes, I typed that correctly... plus miles... Miles are really great!!