And my favorite thing is to walk. You would think I would be thin by now... well not so much; but at least no heavier.
There are lots of folks who walk and enjoy the outside in this area. As residential as it is, there is a wonderful open area at the end of the block. Several acres of land that will never be developed with graded trails and two lakes. Great place to let Jack explore... once we are away from the lakes.... he LOVES the lakes.
So, one Saturday morning as I walked, I spotted what had to be one of this pair. I felt privileged only to realize that they both were sitting on the fence post watching me and the dog. They flew off as we came closer and yes, they were both there. What a treat.
Jack and I walked on to the better of the two lakes and he played in the water as I stood on the bank and encouraged him. He loves it!!
We do it often.
We have a rather large red tail hawk who lives in the field behind the house. We can watch it for a long time as it hunts. There are bunnies that are apparently smart enough to hide from it, I am convinced it is why we don't have more bunnies.... No it is not large enough to have taken my cat!!!