Tuesday, October 06, 2009

Happy Birthday to Me !

Birthdays are like toothpicks. Each one is little and before you know it, you have lots of them piled up.

This was number 55. I don't feel 55 (most days). Several folks have told me that I don't look 55... that's a matter of opinion... or are they being polite. You'll have to come to see.

This was quite a birthday. Celebrations started last week when a gift arrived from Rod... he is not here. A new PDA. I'm determined to lean to use this one. It's so much nicer than the notebook I always carry. So, I'm trying.

Yesterday and today have been filled with flowers, well wishes, ice cream cake, surprise cards, a bag of goodies that includes a crab sandwich and spinach dip, a balloon, more flowers, a call from a friend who I have not visited with in months ... such an outpouring that I am overwhelmed. Many thanks to everyone!!

Rod is due home tomorrow. My day was spent.. between celebrations with friends.. on the phone with customers: my evening running errands to get all those last minute things done before he arrives.

Everybody thinks a birthday should include a special dinner. This one I will not soon forget. The dog and I enjoyed a rolled sandwich and carton of milk while sitting in the car on Wal-mart's parking lot... we were hungry!! Then we were off to other errands before getting home around 10PM.. yes, I closed the last store. That will teach me to wait until the last minute... you want to bet. I haven't learned that yet and I've had 55 years to work on it... maybe this year!!

So, here's to the beginning of another wonderful. Dull is not a word I will ever use to describe this life. I guess it is what it is and I'll take it as it comes.