Monday, March 06, 2006

Life in Shang-gra-la

I knew that life in Shang-gra-la would return to reality eventually: and today it did...in spades!!

The folks who run Rapid City apparently came into money this year. Then in their ultimate wisdom decided to use that money to dig up the roads...several of them at once!! I think I had to go through three construction projects to get ANYWHERE in town today.

I became convinced that there was more money than brains going in to this project...or these projects...when I saw the Detour sign from the first project pointing onto the closed road of the second project. And these people are in charge?!? Makes you wonder.

Even in the chaos I have things to be glad about. First, I live 25 miles away from that madhouse. Second, I know alternate routes so I can avoid the mess.

I just hope they finish before tourist season.