Friday, May 07, 2004

This little town, Loudonville, Ohio, seems to be the first that holds all that I seem to be looking for. The town consists of about 15 square blocks with houses within walking distance of the businesses. It's a really clean little town with some interesting architecture. The people here are really friendly too.

The area is surrounded by farmland consisting of expansive open fields. I would be that the produce in the summertime is really great.

The best description I can think of for this town is Mayberry RFD..everythnig but the style of the houses. I bet you could easily become a part of this town in just a short time....but there are others coming that may have this and more. We'll keep looking.

I had a new experience yesterday...I played a round of golf and actually enjoyed it by the last hole. Playing on a course is so different than hitting balls at the driving range. It's really a lot more challenging. We took advantage of the course being very quiet and hit several shots repeatedly from the same spot. Made for interesting practice and a good learning experience. Not a bad way to kill a few hours.

I wondered why I had so much laundry every week. Well when you go from winter to spring to summer with three clothes changes each day, several of which are layered with several shirts, you will use clothes in a hurry. It will be nice when we have one season all day...I really don't care which one it is as long as it is only one.

We're off to see the Quilt Museum in the Amish town near here. Should be quite a display. If there are any for sale I'll be in trouble. Quilts are definitely a weakness of mine!!