Quite an unlikely pair
Have you ever seen a Pilgrim goose and a dog play together? It was quite a site. I would have given anything for photos; but the site was viewed beside the road on the way home on Wednesday.
They seemed to be playing given how the dog was acting. The goose was definitely holding its own in the game; however, it seemed much more serious about things.
Wouldn't mind watching that one again.
Government Web Sites
My sister has long complained about using government web site for filing taxes. My stand on the matter is that if you fight with a computer it will win. I felt she must have been fighting it so it was winning. Little did I know that it was not her!!! Sorry for the wrong presumption, Sis.
I had to use a government website to file a form this week. No longer can this form be submitted on paper. OK. The form took 30 minutes to calculate and complete on paper... must have all the figures before attempting to address the site. How hard could this be. I'm the computer geek...right??? Four hours later, I received a notice that the form had been submitted successfully. Yes... four hours!!
A few other details...
1) The site did not tell you that you had to save EACH page before progressing to the next. I completed the form three times before I figured that one out.
2) By the time I submitted the final form, I had two others pending... if you think I care, you're wrong!! Let them come up with a plan to get these out of dead form storage.
3) I submitted what I though was a complete form. The e-mail message that followed told me of the failure of that submission... not the site... the e-mail. Then I found the Review button that checked the form BEFORE submission. Why did some idiot developer not make the Submit button inactive until you used the Review button... duh!!!
4) I produced this form last year for 8 years worth of returns. Oops... did not know I had to do it until last year. I have copies of all the forms with instructions for each year. I generated more paper for this one I filed electronically than I did for all of the other 8 years that were submitted on paper... including the extra letters that went with each of them. Reduction in paper... sounds like the paper industry is supporting this reduction in paperwork movement you hear so much about!!!
With all this said, I assure you, I will NEVER again discount some one's frustration when they mention a government website!!
Sunshine
So, after days of below zero highs, we reached 50 degrees with sunshine for two days this week!! A few days like this between the cold ones make the cold weather easier.
Back to below zero again this week!! Well, it is still winter.
All else is just life. Busy with work, home, animals and friends.